There aren’t enough children’s books featuring disabled characters so when we find one we grab it for our collections. And this is our best collection yet.
Children’s books are that feature disabled characters are ESSENTIAL if we want to develop a kinder more cohesive society. They make disabled children feel seen and validated and help all children to look at life from different perspectives.
They teach kids and parents and carers that their curiosity about people doesn’t always need to be answered, they help all children to see what is possible for their lives.
In this wonderful collection of nine books for children aged 4-11
- What Happened to you? Features a boys with limb difference who just wants to play but keeps getting asked about his disability. (Age 4-11)
- Alien in the Jam Factory: Introduces us to Scooter a boy wih cerebral palsy who owns a jam factory. (Age 5-11)
- Jessica’s Box : About a girl who is starting a new school, trying to impress her new classmates. (Age 4-11)
- See What I Can Do: Shares the real life experiences of disabled children in their own words. ( Age 4-11)
- The Great Fox Illusion. A story of magic and mystery with a disabled main character (Age 8-11)
- El Deafo: Agraphic novel for 5-11 year olds chronicling the authors experience of hearing loss aged 4. (Age 5-11)
- Amazing: A little boy in a wheelchair has adventures with his pet dragon (Age 3-7)
- You Can: A celebration of inclusion following 14 children from birth (Age 4-11)
- Can Bears Ski: All about childhood hearing loss (Age 3-11)
Contents may change, depending on stock levels but every single box is a collection of wonderful stories featuring disabled protagonists, stories and themes…
Box is £70.00 plkus £3.85 P&P on Royal Mail’s 48 Hour service